Skip to main content
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon Espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 100% ground cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 Eggs, large, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Bottle Ghirardelli Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
- TORTE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease, and line with parchment, a 9-inch spring form pan. Place foil under baking pan then press up the sides to seal the bottom edges. This ensures no leaks.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, melt chocolate and butter in microwave in 30-second increments until whisked smooth. Whisk in espresso powder.
- Whisk in sugar and salt until combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs, whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in sifted cocoa powder until mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes until crust starts to form*
- Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Loosen the edges gently, then until clip the pan to remove the sides.
- Invert on plate, remove the parchment, and then flip again onto serving platter. Let sit another 10 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy with a glass of wine or cold glass of milk.
- Can be served warm, at room temperature, or prepared the day before.
- Store covered at room temperature.
- CARAMEL: In a microwave-safe safe bowl, heat Ghirardelli caramel.
- Whisk in spice.
- Drizzle generously over each torte slice.
- Keep stored in refrigerator.
Hit enter to search or ESC to close