Servings: 5 dozen 2-inch cookies
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 cups Oats, uncooked
- 12 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed untilcreamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg, and mix on low speed until incorporated. Stir flour with baking soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes for a chewy cookie, 10 to 11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Cool 1 minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling racks. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.